1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PJ Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KS_Grasscutter, Sep 2, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Are PJ Trailers any good? I am thinking about getting a 6.5x16 +2 foot dovetail with 4' gate, and 4 foot side gate. Haven't got a price yet, will call them Tuesday. Anyway...what are your thoughts on the dimensions? I dont want any wider than 6.5 because I hate having a trailer wider then the truck. Will be hauling a midmount Z and a Walker, plus a 21" and later a 33". Anyone have a PJ Trailer? Are they reasonably priced?

And this brings up another point...who wants a 6.5x12 with 2 foot expanded metal sides?
  2. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

Around here, PJ trailers are the cheapest I've seen of any dealer. When I was looking at getting a 14' dump trailer, there price was atleast $1,000 cheaper than anywhere else. I decided against them as they just didnt look to be built as solid as the others I looked at, which is probably why they were cheaper. I've heard from people who own them though and they've not had anything bad to say about them.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

PJ trailers are indeed the cheapest. But "cheapest" only in price.

I've had four since I started my LCO and they've been great. I have never had any unusual problems. Now when I need a trailer, I don't even shop around anymore. I just go down to my dealer and price what I need.
  4. Snydermf

Snydermf LawnSite Member

I have two PJ trailers and they are all I will buy, from what I have been able to compare too, they are by far the best built and most reasonably priced. I have far overworked both trailers and they have taken it without any trouble. I am planning to purchase another one before too long. I am sure you will be very happy with them.
  5. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric: I will trade you a 36" Toro WB for your trailer. -Mitch-
  6. KS_Grasscutter

Thanks for the replies. I have pretty much decided I want a 6.5x18 with 2 foot of dovetail... just gotta get my old one sold first. DreamCut, if you have a way to meet in like KC, I'd take $900 for it.
  7. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

pj trailer's are great. i have a 7x18 landscape trailer with side ramps and rear gate an i love it. And my dad has an 8.5x20 flat bed with a dove tail. an it's awesome it'll hall anything and is great for getting loads with pallets. i think mine was 2k and i love it. i won't buy anyother brand. good luck
  8. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric: If i gave you the 36" (worth $1200) would you bring it to Illinois, you'd get your $900 for the trailer and $300 for delivery. -Mitch-
  9. KS_Grasscutter

Maybe... Is the toro hydro or belt? I dunno, that is a LONG way to go... but if it doesn't sell locally soon, I would probably be able to work something out.
  10. KS_Grasscutter

Do you have any pics of it? What options did you get? That is a little more then one I priced locally, but I would almost pay extra JUST to get the aluminum fenders:laugh: .