PJ Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rt20, Jul 25, 2008.

1. rt20

rt20 LawnSite Member

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I really like my PJ trailer. :)

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I had gone to seen one, and it looked good. Didn't buy it because the dealer and the label said it was 22 ft, but it was actually 20 Ft when I measured it. Got one custom built locally instead. Overall, a good product IMO.

4. rt20

rt20 LawnSite Member

thanksguys , I'm pretty sure I'm getting one of these. The only thing I didn't like about it was I have to buy the spare tire. Love the spring assisted ramp, easy lube tires and front access with ramps.

[​IMG]

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I have a PJ deckover trailer and i love it..... no rust...... i love the spring assist ramps..and i love all the add ons you can get when you actually order a trailer.. but overall they are a better quality trailer than a horton.

6. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Rust really shouldn't be much of a problem on any trailer in SC compared to up north, correct?

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

used to have a pj single axle before we went to all tandems but it was a great trailer for its size

8. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

I have a 14' goose neck dump trailer from them. I like the trailer, well built, and the powder coating v.s. paint is a plus. The only thing I don't like is the wheel bearings used. I have the easy lube bearings and had 2 go out on the front axel in under a year. When I pulled it apart they used some China made bearings. I replaced them with Timmkin bearings and have not had a problem since.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Oh crap, I should have looked them up before buying my current trailer, waaaaaaay more options and higher GVW, and there's a dealer just in town! Damn it!

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

no actually i have seen trailers look just as bad here as where i am from, ohio, becuz the sun is tough on the paint it will fade the paint and then it will eventually rust.... that is why we got the pj becuz it is powder coated and finished and shouldnt rust....