1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Places to buy sod in Northern Va for a good price???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gilla Gorilla, May 5, 2004.

1. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one around Northern Va know of any place to buy sod
    for a decent price. The nursery that I deal with is selling it to me for $3.24 a roll and covers 8 sq ft. I think that is a high price for a roll.

If any one has a number for a local distributer I would greatly
    appreciate it.

Thank you,
  2. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Don't know of ny specific places in No. VA but I would locate a sod farm. There are tons just across the Carolina border and even one in CHesapeake. There are bound to be some in your area as well. Your cost will be a fraction of that, however, most have a minimum order.
  3. Lawn Made Easy

Lawn Made Easy LawnSite Member
    from VA

I live in Richmond and have had SOD delivered from a farm up in northern VA call Virginia Beef. Don't laugh, but they are a wonderful source for sod. I think I paid something like 1.25 a roll. :cool: :confused: :confused: :blob3: :blob3: :cool: :cool:
  4. Russ4148

Russ4148 LawnSite Member

Greenward Turf Farm, Waldorf, MD. Pick up is $100.00 a pallet, that covers about 400 sq feet. Great stuff.