1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plain Jane Flyers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by N.TX, Jan 29, 2009.

1. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Is it worth the extra money to have door flyers printed with a nice photo of some green grass when you can get a heavy wait plain bright paper with some simple info about your company on it for a fraction of the cost. I have had pretty good response from the plain jane flyers before.
  2. Yard.Barber

Yard.Barber LawnSite Senior Member

if you are promoting fertilizing the nice green grass would help. You don't need all the fancy photos but you do want it to be professional looking and not just thrown together like an art project.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I like fliers with color, but I really don't add pictures. I just put my logo and some information about my company. I just add the color to make it pop.

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Some guy on here swears by black and white flyers, he claims that he ALWAYS gets better response vs color flyers? I always run very simple flyers and get good response...
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have done the math several times and Just can see where flyers are worth it....

this is a VERY expensive way to advertise, then if you add color it brings price wayy up