1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plan for success ???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Premium Lawn Care KY, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Premium Lawn Care KY

Premium Lawn Care KY LawnSite Member

This is my Go Big or Go home Plan

I was going to start my company this year but due to illness in my family and having having one year left of highschool I have decided to wait untill next season

I was just wondering if you think this is a good plan or not.

I have about $ 12,000 to work with

20,000 door hangers - distributed by a company
    Newspaper Ad
    Yellow Book
    Truck Magnents
    Yard Sign

I have a Truck and Trailor

My goal is to get atleast 60 yards before next July

So what do you think
  2. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

you can do it. plan for it market market. Try to get a jump by doing some clean ups and mulching jobs if you don't have equipement
  3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have equipment already? If you don't yet have equipment I would cut down on some of that advertising. Once you start buying equipment you will soon realize that $12000 is not alot for mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. The best advertisement is word of mouth. Put the lettering on the truck and trailer and get involved in the community. The more that you can get your name out there the more business you will get. Good luck!
  4. Premium Lawn Care

Premium Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Also i am getting the money from my parents which is actually mine but if everything works out right then i plan on paying them back asap. but if it doesnt than i am not in debt
  5. Premium Lawn Care

Premium Lawn Care LawnSite Member

From some of the Reaserch i have done heres the list of equipment and prices

Correct me on them if im wrong

Mower - 42" 5000

Weedeater 300

Blower 300

edger 300

Tools-Husky 120

Trimmer Racks 180

Blower Rack 60

Weedeater line 90

Gator Blades 30

Truck Magnent 40

Yard Sign 20

Door hangers 1693.58

Distriubutors 2500

Trailor sign-ill make it 10

2 cycle oil 100

Total - 10,743.58
  6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

You can't get much of a commercial mower for $5k, I'd plan on spending a little more for a new one, or get a used one for around that. What kind are you thinking of getting?
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

that's about 10,000.00 more than I had when I started
  8. Shaun13

Shaun13 LawnSite Member

You might be better off saving the $2500 and passing the flyers out yourself. Also 10k flyers might be a bit much to start off with. Not knocking your plan but try a thousand first and see how that works out, you might be able to put the ad money to better use elsewhere. Just my .02. Good luck.