plan on getting a gmc 3500 diesel 4x4 extended cab, any oppinions?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 16, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i plan on getting an 03 or 04 gmc diesel 4x4 3500 sierra srw long bed within the next month or two.

i can get a good deal on one, i know the manager at the dealer. anyway, im asking is, is this a good truck for towing/plowing. and will it be good and not have any problems with an ez-dumper?
  2. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 03 2500HD crew cab short bed with the D/A combo works great for towing about 14mpg and for snowplowing have an 8ft Boss plow no problems with that either.

3. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

i have a 03' GMC 2500HD with the D/A combo and love it... tons of power to tow, plow and do anything else you want with it. I have a 8' XBlade and handles the plowing with ease.
  4. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i think you ought to test drive one of the new dodge / cummins 325/600
  5. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Dodge with a 360 in it 4x4 never ever again will i own a dodge product Automatic trans did not hold up and of course dodge would not do anything about it traded it in on my chevy 2500hd.
  6. szwedj

szwedj LawnSite Member

I might be totally wrong but I seem to remember hearing something about with some 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 w/diesel that if you put a plow on them, you could exceed the front axle rating and void your warranty. Not positive but might be worth checking.

7. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

Who's going to pay for the truck? Do you pay for your equipment or do your parents? Just wondering how a 16 year old can afford such nice things!
  8. Tevi

Tevi LawnSite Member
    from KY

Get a crew cab.I reccomend Ford.My99 has 201k and still looks and runs great