Planet?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

does anyone here belong to it? $295yr sounds kinda steep to me. anyothers out there a little cheaper per yr?

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

it depends on why you want to join. im a member and i find it worth while.

what other alternatives to PLANET do you think there are? there are smaller associations for the sub sets of this industry, but PLANET is working on uniting them all. They are well on their way.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Frontier-Lawn,

What benefits did they offer you to join their organization?

MacLawnCo, what about their organization do you find to be worth while?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

4. Frontier-Lawn

Human Resources Consultant
    Answers questions pertaining to human resource regulations and litigation, and provides online access to common HR forms
    Offers valuable tips in his PLANET News monthly column and his monthly Personnel Notebook insert
    Provides access to the HR University in the online “Member Center”
    Operates a 24-hour hotline

Safety Issues Consultant
    Answers by e-mail member questions about safety, OSHA policies, checklists, and forms
    Writes Safety Solutions (monthly newsletter)
    Operates a 24-hour hotline

Legal Issues Consultant
    At no charge, answers routine legal questions affecting your business, including employment, contracts, and compliance issues.
    Provides legal tips in his PLANET News monthly column.
    Offers subscriptions to Employment Law Bulletin –– a free e-mail newsletter.

Collection Services
    GreenFlag helps PLANET members recover bad debt and improve their cash flow with special discounts of more than 40 percent.

Fuel Discounts
    Shell provides a 3 percent discount on fuel purchases for your fleet.

Rental Car Discounts
    Hertz offers PLANET members special year-round discounts on rentals within the United States or worldwide.

National provides PLANET members unlimited mileage and year-round discounts off its rates at approximately 3,000 locations in 72 countries across the globe.

Alamo offers unlimited mileage and year-round discounts off its already great rates.

5. Frontier-Lawn

off topic gopher are you making a pocket-pc software like your palm 1?

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am a member of PLANET. It's not bad, but I thought that the PLCAA was better organized and you received more stuff.

I don't want to bash PLANET, because I will probably always be a member, but if you are looking to spend that kind of money for the first time in a membership, I would recommend joining the local chamber

7. Frontier-Lawn

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I actually voted against the merger. I think that I was one of only 2% of people that voted against it