planning early

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BillsFan, Feb 23, 2005.

1. BillsFan

BillsFan LawnSite Member
    from PA

I want a great lawn......here's what I 'm up against...we bought this house 2 years ago and the lawn was nasty...I have it headed in the right direction but can't seem to get it the way we want.........still getting weeds-bugs-etc.
    it does look 100% better but I want the best.....can some one give me a good program for this coming year. My wife bugs me for being in the yard all the time and I need to SHOW her.~L~

I WANT A LUST GREEN LAWN(weedless) and bug free...her dogs got fleas last year.

Thanx in advance.

2. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

From Your Homestate, friend -in Lawnsite's Manufacturer Forums,
    check with Ray from Lebanon Turf.
    He won't steer you wrong or leave you stranded.
    Lebanon Turf's products have produced an undeniable "wow factor" for us.
    We will be picking up more orders soon.

Company Overview:
    http://www.lebsea.com/newlebsea/directions.jsp

Our Favorite Lebanon Product, after the MESA/Barricade blend gets put down during next couple weeks. It costs justify the results you'll get:
    http://www.lebturf.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prd.products_for_brand&id=4

Many nationwide televised Golf Course events and Baseball games are played on turf nourished by their Parex Products.

3. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Have the extension agency do a soil test first. A fertilizer/pesticide program can be designed around those results.

4. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

PS: Anyone from PA should be an Eagles or Stillers fan!

5. BillsFan

BillsFan LawnSite Member
    from PA

what's a Atiller fan?

6. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

What part of PA are you located?

7. BillsFan

BillsFan LawnSite Member
    from PA

harrisburg pa

8. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

The reason I ask is I fertilized my own lawn for a few years with decent results until I was refered to a small outfit in West Chester (I'm near Downingtown) that now does my 2 acre lawn for a very reasonable price. They took all the guessing out of fertilizing (timing, product, application amounts, etc.) But Harrisburg is probably out of their servicing area.

9. BillsFan

BillsFan LawnSite Member
    from PA

what do you think of Scott's products or bayer?

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think too much of the Scotts homowner products. Their Pro products are manufactured by Lesco I believe. Bayer is a manufacturer of fine products. Lebanon makes good products, I am partial to Lesco. All that being said, these are labeled and controled products. They will perform as stated on their label. If you apply the correct products correctly in accordance with label and the environmental conditions you will get good results.

If you apply Merit grub control and then get grubs, you have done something wrong. It could be a calibration issue, didn't water it in in time, bad pattern, etc...