1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Planning To buy a New 2007 ZTR ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daner, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you got plans to buy a new 2007 ZTR In the near future.
    Whats your opinion on the new ZTRs.
    Are you happy with the changes the manufactures made, If any?
    Have you feild tested any so far...or plan to?
    Lets hear your thoughts guys.
  2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

The new Exmark line Is looking real fine to me.
    Scag and the Kubotas have got my Interest as well
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm hoping that the issues with the Triton deck will be worked out - I like Exmark except for this little "black eye".

If others have good results, and I'm satisfied with my demo of one next spring, then I am probably going to buy one.
  4. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

I think im gonna stick with scag.... there 07 line is looking good and my dealer should be gettin one soon
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A couple of Ferris 3100's with the 72" deck and 31hp Briggs just for what we have now and what we get each year through referralls...maybe more depending on the 2 LCO outfits we are looking at taking over as well.
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I am looking hard at one as well. I really have'nt decided on one yet, I just looked into a Country Clipper and for the price, quality and features I'm looking hard at those. I just got some prices for Exmark-Lazer HP w/50" Triton and a 23hp Kawi was $7850.00+tax, next was a Lazer AS 60" w/25hp Kawi $7500.00+ tax and the last was a Lazer Z 60" w/23hp Kawi for $7900.00+ tax. Those prices kinda hurt compared to the Country Clipper w/ a 60" and a 25 or 23hp Kholer for $7054.40 out the door.
  7. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Rod, have you had a chance to demo one of those 3100's yet? If you get the chance to run it against the ferris 5100 diesel I think you will really like the briggs. Less weight and a shorter chassis, about 6". I have had mine 3 weeks now and am really happy with the 72" deck and the way it handles, and am already considering a 61" ferris 3100 sometime next season to start phasing out my Toro z's. Marc
  8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to look at the Wright ZTR and the Stander. I got to get something that will make short work of a 2 acre property.
  9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a compact 52 z. Hustler fastrack if I can't find a used exmark.
  10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I think I'm going to be content with what I have, but if I were going to buy a new Z next year, I'd demo an '07 Exmark to make sure the Triton is fixed, a Super Z, and a Gravely. I would really like to own a diesel Z and Exmark, if the deck is fixed, would be my first choice, especially now that they have an option to increase their ground speed to 15 mph. I also like Hustler for having a wider frame for their 66 and 72" decks, as I would want to demo a 66" but they don't really have a big enough engine to power them, at least on paper. I currently own Gravely and would like to see if they've made improvements in cut quality since I bought mine in '03.