1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plans for 05'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Oct 18, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to know what you guys have planned for next season, How many accounts to add on? Advertising? New Equipment? that stuff.

I myself plan to start advertising late February and March with every possible way. I am on my towns website and I plan on putting plenty of flyers out. Prob around 1,000 around my area. Its a lot but im itching for some accounts. With all that I hope I get at least 10. I already have 5 scheduled for next season. I also am placing out my snow removal flyers out. Hopefully the winter customers will want the lawn done to. As far as equipment, I will be financing either a Scag 48" Hydro w/ 18 honda or walker GHS 48" 26 EFI. Also will get 7x14 trailer. I will get my business insurance under my name and not my dads. A lot planned and I hope you all have the same excitement for next season. Good Luck
  2. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

What a breathe of fresh air. A teenager who is actually making plans. This is great! Keep up the good work.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Sir!!! Ditto!!!

As for me personally, I have a few ideas in the storage bin that I'll drag out, mix with my '04 numbers, business goals and personal life. I'll get them all mixed up good and start kicking them around at the beginning of my off season.
  4. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

I am going to concentrate on residentials and I am going to try to increase my equipment.
  5. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I have just about all the equipment that I could need.
    Am going to concentrate on signing up my existing customers for next year over the next month or so, and then see what I have. I would like to add on like another 30- 40 residential clients by the spring.
  6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Our season starts in the last week of April for mowing so here's the plan.

2nd week of March- Door to door with brochures, hang tags and incentives. (Sign-up discounts, etc.)
    3rd Week of March- Flyer gets stuck in the local papers. 2500 8.5X11 with a discount coupon.
    3rd Week of March- Newspaper Ad starts and will run to the end of the season.
    4th Week of March- Hang "Tear Off" ads in every store or place that has a bulletin board.
    1st of April- More Door to Door
    2nd week of April-Check "new houses sold" list at all local Realtors. Also cruise a few of the new mulit house building projects.
    3rd week of April- Spent doing last minute prep for mowers and equipment
    Last week of April- Ahhh the smell of fresh cut grass in the spring!
  7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I am more into commercial, but these dates you are talking about as far as starting your ad campaines and late IMO.

Our county takes bids in November. And most of the larger commercial properties are wanting bids in Nov. thru Jan. Some may be later, but you never know.

Why are you not hanging the door hangers for next year in the next month.

Some kid without insurance and a 21" craftsman is going to beat you to the punch, and all I am going to hear next year is that there are a bunch of uninsured kids out there wrecking the market for the professional LCO.

Thanks Brad
  8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Door tags now for mowing in 2005? Around here it would be a waste of money. There would seven or LCO's bangin on their door between now and then. You want to get there and be fresh on their mind when they are just starting to think about the season. This far in advance might be okay of you can sign them, but if not, it's a waste.
  9. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I'm starting my advertising the 2rd week of February. Had a local company around here start their flyers out the 2nd Saturday of the month, and got so many customers out of it. Thing is, I picked 70% of them up a month into the season due to their poor work. payup Hopefully I'll snag more early birds that are already thinking of lawncare come February. We'll see what happens.

10. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

The plan is to doiuble my gross income one more year, then a steady growth after that. I dont want to get to big to fast. Also Id like to increase my net by alot next year, I spent way to much this year.