plant bed weed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by byrd_gpm, Jun 14, 2008.

1. byrd_gpm

byrd_gpm LawnSite Member

I've recently acquired property that has mulched plant beds and rock plant beds that have major weed issues. Does know what herbicides I can use to control the weeds. I'm already using glyphosate to take down the weeds, but i need a good mixer with it to help keep them down....PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

wht kinda weeds , perennials , annuals ?
    More info

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Gallery & Surflan, Dimension, Barricade-Just to name a few.

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Simonize has always worked well for me, But around here its put down Sept.28-Oct.16, Pre-emergent

5. ArizPestWeed

I am not sure , but , I believe pre-emergents will not control perennials

6. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

This late in the season a good product that has worked well for me would be a heavy dose but I might try.

Spray beds with a product called Produce Lesco sells it. It is a combination of Glyphospate and Prodiamine(Barricade)

Next I would apply a pre-emergent product called preen you can find it at Wal-Mart. I know some out ther will say SNAPSHOT, GALLERY 75D, SIZOMINE and on, and on. They are all great products. I like preen cause
    1) It works for me
    2) A bottle of it covers 1200 sq ft for like 12 bucks which is a heck of lot better that buying a bad of snapshot for $100 dollars but I also know snapshot goes a heck of a lot further in its 25 or 50 pound bags.

7. ArizPestWeed

When I but the equivalent of Preen , called , Surflan , it cost me $1.50 for 1K sq ft