Plant Bible, Very Cool Plant ID App Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Az Gardener, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I was talking with a rep for Armstrong Growers today and he showed me an App that he and his computer geek neighbor put together and I have to say I was very impressed. I want to make it clear this is a side project for him and his neighbor, has nothing to do with Armstrong Growers.

Just click "screening shrub" and get a list of candidates for that use complete with pictures, height, width, temp ranges etc. He has all kinds of ways to search for plants and all the pertinent information you could want. Want to study for a test you can view plants with no names then tap the screen for the name. Need to make a plant list for a client or all your clients? You can do it on this app. Great for showing clients what you are trying to sell them.

I only spent a few minutes on it but I can't wait to get it. He said 3-4 more weeks. Unfortunately its will only available on I pads pods etc. for now. He said it would be 4.99 it will be very good for the S/W and it has a good foundation for the rest of the country but he admits it will need to be expanded. Something to look forward to.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

cool, tell me when he has something that would work for me here, and android

3. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member