Plant Growth Regulator research paper

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by UTM-PIKE, Apr 8, 2003.

UTM-PIKE LawnSite Member

I hope everyone learns something from it as I have.

Attached Files:

UTM-PIKE LawnSite Member

The 9 page paper is part of my research project in my Plant Science 334 class. I have the slides for the power point presentation as well if anyone needs them. This should clear up alot of the advantages and disadvantages of using PGR's on turf. I didnt have the time to go into any detail about ornamentals or crops.

It should educate most, but then again we have scholars like Jim, Kirbyslawn, tremor, Ric and others have known this for years.

Kirbyslawn, I got some of my pics from your web site for my power point presention, . I know exactly where you got your information from, right from Syngenta. BUSTED! Just kidding, but you might change the wording to suit you business instead of word for word. I didnt think you were treating golf courses in your business. Anyways, your information was informative and pictures were excellent.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I give you an A+

Great paper I learned quite a bit. BTW I Copy & Pasted it to my computer. Thank you for sharing it with us. You told us you would post your paper and you are a man of his word. May you go far in life and always be happy.

UTM-PIKE LawnSite Member

My brown patch paper will probably come tomorrow. I might be sleeping however, I am pulling an all nighter to study for my microbiology (bacteriology) exam in the morning. All the credit goes to the Rittellin (I think thats how its spelled), it works wonders.
  5. Applied growth regulators to bent greens that were overseeded. When new seedling germinated, they where taller than existing bentgrass. First time I truely felt overseeding bentgrass was successful. You could see the results!!!!!

Also used them a bermunda fairways to reduce vertical growth, but we still mowed on our regular schedule. Net results was a densier turf!!!!!