Plant Growth Regulators.....which one?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ACA L&L, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

PBI Gordon has one that our dealer carries. ATrimec if my memory serves me well.. At any rate we have never really used anything before, this year, with all the rain etc. I think would be a great year to test the waters so to speak. Any and all input would be great.

How frequent you apply?
    any other products avail.
    application time/rate/ better than others? basically any and all would help us alot..............:waving:

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn

Atrimec and Embark both work equally as well IMHO. The trick is to apply them just after you finish trimming the shrubs. There is also the advantage of redirecting growth so Leggy shrubs fill in. Your Climate and growth rate will effect frequencies of application. Fast growing shrubs will need it more often than slow growing shrubs. I did selective treatments and skipped slow growers.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool season = Primo. Smaller cells rather than fewer of them = higher quality turf as well as less clippings. Sweet.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Try Cutlass for warmer season herbacious growth control.
    It is available in a granular form, which is good if you have irrigation, is substantially cheaper than either Primo or Embark, and is realitively foolproof to apply.
    I know because I have been accused of being a fool, well a married one anyways, and I still haven't killed any plants yet:clapping:

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I read that Cutless and Primo used at 1/2 strength combined had the best effect and low damge to turf.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Steve

Warm Season Turf Also.

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info, sounds like it will help cut a few costs, if not cut than help improve productivity. either way its a win win.

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I can see this as being a big benefit to Full Service Landscape companies that trim shrubs and such too.

I have always wondered how some of those fancy hedges stayed in place for so many years. Particularly the ones with names of towns or businesses in them.

9. shaneb

shaneb Inactive

Just to clarify some things regarding Cutless. Cutless is available in a 50% wettable powder labeled for use on turfgrass and Cutless 0.33G is a granular formulation that is labeled for use on landscape shrubs and hedges.