Plant lists, Prices?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Bay de Noc Lawn Car, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

I am looking for a price list for common landscape plants. I would like to find one to help with landscape design. I thought I could find one online but am not having any luck. Do any of the larger nurseries produce any such lists as a service for their customers? I would visit a local nursery but they won't be open for about a month yet.:sleeping:

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I would imagine that price list will vary based onthe market. and also from vendor to vendor.

that being said. here is a price list from shemins. it a few years old. but it puts you in the ball park.

I would never bid a job without a current price list from your choosen vendor.

I do have the posted file in excel format

Attached Files:

3. check with John Deere Landscapes, they e-mail me a price list and current inventory every week.

4. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Thanks Marc that helps.

5. PlantSolutions

PlantSolutions LawnSite Member

You should find out where the local growers and wholesalers are in your area and go or request a catalog with an availability and price list. If you don't know of any, the landscapers in your area should know.

6. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

There are no wholesalers, And only two retailers. Both of which are landscapers, one is a direct competitor, and the other does not open until April.

7. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

I used to live north of you in Houghton. You are a zone 3 hardiness zone.

Bailey Nurseries out of St. Paul is the main large supplier in your area.

http://www.baileynurseries.com/

You can use them for the correct plants for your area. Use their costs, add the freight and you can get a landed cost for your product.