Lawn Care Forum banner

Plant thief in Orlando

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Landscape Poet 
#1 ·
http://www.wftv.com/news/28768187/detail.html

Camera Catches Thief Stealing Thousands In Plants
Posted: 3:52 pm EDT August 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando police said they need your help identifying a thief who has stolen thousands of dollars worth of plants from the Metrowest area.
The crook was caught tearing up landscaping by an iris camera in broad daylight. In the surveillance video, a man is seen quickly ripping out a row of plants and shoving them into a bag.
WFTV was told the thefts have been going on since March and police said they believe the man may be responsible for all of them.
Hundreds of the plants have already been stolen and are valued at more than $4,000.
"It's a burden on the homeowners out there and Metrowest to have to keep replacing plants that they've already paid to plant. We just want to stop him and bring an end to this," said Sgt. Vince Ogburn of the Orlando Police Department.
In March, iris cameras were unveiled in the area to catch crooks in the act. Last year, an iris camera caught a beating and robbery under an I-4 bridge in downtown Orlando.
The live feed was watched by an officer at a command center and the suspects were arrested just minutes later.
Police are hoping the footage of the plant robber will help them do the same. They're also asking anyone who's spotted the man in the act to contact the Orlando Police Department.
If and when the man is caught, police said he will be facing grand theft charges.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just don't know where the country is heading to...............he/she when arrested should be whipped with horse whip made to replant all, water, and nuture for next 15 years .... or shot.

#5 ·
Poor people deserve plants too.

#8 ·
Poor people deserve plants too.
Cape

Green T, Wet Boots and Phil have already ask Obama for Plant Stamps as part of the Plant Welfare entitlement. After all welfare recipients take such good care of their free Government project housing.

#9 ·
I don't know Ric, but I think I see "Welfare Fraud" and "Government Pork " written all over this program. The recipients will get plants free, use them to landscape other peoples homes, making money in the process then go back to the welfare office claiming all the plants died. They'll expect them to be replaced like any good nursery operator would do. The government will do this but suspect fraudulent activity so a Plant Ivestigation Team(PIT) will be formed for them to throw money into. It will require a whole Army of Investigators to be hired and trained and the circle of life we know as "Government Waste" will continue.

#10 ·
I don't know Ric, but I think I see "Welfare Fraud" and "Government Pork " written all over this program. The recipients will get plants free, use them to landscape other peoples homes, making money in the process then go back to the welfare office claiming all the plants died. They'll expect them to be replaced like any good nursery operator would do. The government will do this but suspect fraudulent activity so a Plant Ivestigation Team(PIT) will be formed for them to throw money into. It will require a whole Army of Investigators to be hired and trained and the circle of life we know as "Government Waste" will continue.
Now thats how ya create jobs!!!

#11 · (Edited)
Now thats how ya create jobs!!!
I know that location which the plants were taken in the video, I have no doubt that man was getting them for a install that he was about to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.