1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

planted 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by morturf, Sep 8, 2001.

1. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Got a call to plant a field after they graded a new crown into it. The biggest requisite was that they were going to play on it in 3 weeks. I planted it now they can come. This picture is of the field right after it was seeded....

leeds 1.1 aug 18.jpg
  2. morturf

from midwest

this one is after 3 weeks

leeds1.1 sept 4.jpg
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That came in very nice. What seed, fert, ect. did you use on this?
    Tell us all about it. :)
  4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice.It helps with all the proper tools etc.(irrigation).I just hope, you sold them on overseeding after the games or I think you might have some trouble areas.Just my thoughts.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to know about the fert. and such too, but MOST of all, I would LOVE to know just how you took that pic. Is that a digital? And, how in the WORLD did you make it do a panaramic view like that? That is SO COOL the way it looks. It's like the viewer is standing there and turning one's head to look at the other end of the field. (with the slide bar) Can you please explain the format that was used and how this is done? Thank you!:blob4:
  6. morturf

from midwest

Oh, theres gonna be probs......lol......about 3 games a week...doubt that overseeding will even help.....told them they are gonna wear it out.....but it is their's now. I will not be maintaining this one.

Eric, used a Mix of about 40% perennial rye and 60% gold tag bluegrass seeded very heavy......this is really a soccer field they use for football. I do about 5 fields right now.....3 football and 2 soccer. Been doing one football field for 40 years......the other for 35. Seen a lot of things go by.
    I do 2 main fields here in town......one get about 20 high school and 5 college football games. the other gets about 22 high school and 35 youth football games in the fall, then about 25 to 35 high school soccer games in the spring. Challenging to say the least. Thanks for the compliment.

Runner, I have a digital and it came with a software thing that will stitch together up to 12 pictures in any configuration. I love this digital thing. For this each picture is really 5 stitched together. If you look close you can see the spots and it is supposed to take out the fisheye thing too....but not always perfect.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

m r cool pic's

I wish we could get grass to grow that fast down here!