planter bed redo

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rb_in_va, May 1, 2007.

1. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

Here are some pics of a planter bed I renovated at my house. The finished product looks sparse, but I still plan to put a Japanese Maple back by the hose reel. I have some annuals that should come up from seed too. Next year I will fill in some more if need be.

2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

that edging is hideaous, otherwise not bad
  3. Patatoe1

Patatoe1 LawnSite Member

A big improvement on what was there. It does look a little "empty" to me though. Good job.
  4. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

The "empty" spots will be filled in with annuals and possibly other perrenials.

About the border, I want to put in a natural stone border but it's not in the budget right now.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What'd you use for the tearout of the old stuff?

Looks like a good improvement
  6. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

What did I use? Bypass loppers and a shovel. Thanks for the compliment. It will look much better in 2 years when those plants mature a bit. Might put some more daffodils, tulips, etc in this fall.
  7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Oh god you took out that beautiful Muhgo pine? Oh geee wiz. Oh my. I can't say as I like it better than before. Sorry.
  8. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

Don't be sorry. It's my house, not yours.:)

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

the muhgo was nice,but i'd of moved it over to in front of hose reel,and maybe some rock features around it...coulda been really nice
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Isn't that edging those brick interlocking patio blocks that can be bought at Home Depot?