Planter from hell... strikes again!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jul 19, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Only thing I can think of is that the concrete pad and security cage settled and broke the line. After being doused on three prior occasions it probably was just still too wet to hold the weight. We've turned it off again at the curb stop to let it dry and then we'll add soil, compact it and pour a new pad with the security cage remounted. I believe it's galvanized prior to the curb stop so we'll probably just run galvanized until we get to the PVC lateral. :cry:

LJ Williams Zone LJ-2 7-19-07 IV-01.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Just add some koi.

3. PurpHaze

The local Asians would probably catch 'em and then eat 'em. :)

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Replace the security cage with a scale model of the Exxon Valdez.

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My money is that leo's gluejob blew out.

6. PurpHaze

Possibly. We'll find out when we dig it all up but I really can't criticize him. He took the easy way of digging underneath and attempting a repair instead of us having to rip everything out... and that's excatly what I would of done.

7. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Jeesh what a bummer to look at. Could you remove that pic please? It hurts my eyes and makes my coffee taste bad.

8. PurpHaze

Live with it! :)

Gotta get to work early today to run a system check on a domestically supplied system that loses total pressure by 6:30 am. Have to zone it out and check on contractor install. Hopefully I'll have pics of good PSI followed by bad PSI to show all the homeowners that come here as to what usage by others does to their water pressure.

9. PurpHaze

We finally had the time to progress on this a little more. We've cleared the problem down to its basics... the curb stop on galvanized supply.

LJ Williams Zone LJ-2 8-9-07 IV-01.jpg

LJ Williams Zone LJ-2 8-9-07 IV-02.jpg

LJ Williams Zone LJ-2 8-9-07 IV-03.jpg

LJ Williams Zone LJ-2 8-9-07 IV-04.jpg

10. Problem solved?

I had a similar problem where it was leaking from down below.(multi set asv set in a cage, no I didn't do install) Went to even trying one of those Styrofoam blocks as a base thinking that was the reason every couple of months, the pad would sink down.

The culprit......I happened to drive by for another issue, as I was talking with the property manager and going around the grounds with him, guess what we see? Cute secretary types,using the cage as a bench to sit and talk while smoking their cigarettes.

Lets just say it's not my problem anymore.