Planting 331 2inch Caliper Trees

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by outsidepride, Apr 15, 2012.

1. outsidepride

outsidepride LawnSite Member

Hi there I have a quote going out to the city to plant 331- 2 inch caliper trees at various locations what kind of timeline do you think it would take as far as labour to plant these with two men? I have done trees but not that many and what would be a fair rate to plant each tree? Thanks in advance.

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Where are these trees to be located first?

3. outsidepride

They are to be planted roadside mostly residential area and 10 percent in park area. They are to be wooden staked and watered and one year guarantee.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

What ever price you decide on be rest assured your likely a few thousand more expensive then the other 30 people bidding to plant them. I have put a few bids in for planting jobs in towns and lost everyone by thousands. And that was with me giving them a good deal because of the amount of trees to be planted.

5. grandview (2006)

Not even that.You need to call underground service to mark each property so you know where wires and pipes are and that takes time.

6. outsidepride

Yes took that into consideration about the locates but just wondering how many man hrs a tree avg to handle and install total and thats if all goes well. What other things to take into consideration would be of help.

7. grandview (2006)

Here's how our town does it.They do all the tree planting on the right of ways and sub divisions.

They paint an X on where the tree is going.
    Call underground services and have it marked
    tractor with auger on it and drill holes
    2-3 guys ,they use bare roots trees.Dip the roots in solution
    put tree in hole and back fill
    2 stakes and ties of tree to it
    throw wood chips on and go to next one.
    maybe 20-30 a day,(union workers)