Planting boulevard trees

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by AEL, Oct 8, 2013.

1. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

Just curious if any one here has experience planting larger quantities of boulevard trees (planted between the curb and sidewalk ) for towns, developers etc.

I have been asked to provide prices to a couple people/corporations for this type of work. The trees are all deciduous and are 24" calliper with wire mesh. I know what my material costs are , as well as a general idea for my time for install , I am just wondering what type of number you figure for the warranty period of the trees . Ie- how much per tree would you put on extra for the few trees that may die and the cost for supply and replacement.

I will have my case sv300 skid steer on site for this , along with my 85d John Deere with a indexator tilt rotator for digging the holes for the trees. Any advice on what other people's install time is from experience would be helpful as well.

Posted via Mobile Device
  2. CuttingEdgeLandscapes

CuttingEdgeLandscapes LawnSite Member

I always double the price of each tree to cover warranty issues. But the warranty does not cover the labor to remove and plant the new tree. A fellow company up here is about to install 62 trees and has estimated to have it completed in two days with experiences laborers.
    Posted via Mobile Device