Planting Bulbs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by alpine692003, Oct 19, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of ya like planting bulbs? I'm enjoying this, I have a client that wants bulbs planted in her garden.. ie) crocus and lilies..

The funny thing is, I'm learning how to plant these bulbs in my school for Monday.. I have to present to the class how to plant these bulbs and the soil recommendations.. I'm loving it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I get to learn about bulbs and charge customers on installing bulbs :)

Now, how do you guys charge customers on installing bulbs? Just by the hour?

ie) a bag of 10 crocus costs you $20, yo ufigure it will take 1hr?

so $60/h + $20 bubls = $80

that seem right oy ou guys? 1hr
  2. jimmyq

jimmyq LawnSite Member

if it takes you an hour to plant 10 crocus bulbs you need some help. Honestly, crocus are planted in groups so it wont really take you that long at all. I f you look at landscape installs for comparison, I usually go for about 30% of the plant cost for install cost. if I am feeling really lucky, otherwise less.
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

$1 per bulb (tulips, daffs, hyacinths, etc.), 3/$1 (crocus, grape hyacinths, etc.) That price includes the bulbs, bonemeal. I use a drill to install. A couple hundred bulbs per hour is about the norm.
  4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys,

I'm going to charge $2 per bulb..