Planting Burning Bush

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Green Acres, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bid to plant 40 burning bushes (no mulching). I was wondering what someone might charge for labor to plant these. They are 5 gal pots and are just going along a foundation of a building. My cost is $20 per pot. Thanks

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Do you have an auger? I think it would take 8 man hours for everything from plant pick-up to watering in. So multiply that by your hourly rate plus equipment wear. For me that would be about $500 labor w/ no guarantee.

3. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

$2,000.00 one year guarantee.

4. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

$1500.00 plus one year warrenty

5. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Ofcourse, it's different everywhere you are but i would try at least 2.5-3 times the price of the plant. That should cover labor and a one year warranty.

Hey, husky. I went through the same program at psu. Graduated in dec 2000. Is Larry Kuhns still teaching? Still competing in ALCA competitions?

6. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

I would bid $1800 if we can auger the holes with a Dingo.

7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

We try to avoid augers to prevent soil compaction, or the need to eradicate that kind of compaction.

That sounds like a 1 day project for 2 workers with a shovel.

Guarantees are up to you.

Sounds like a good project for about $800 of labor + profit over plant cost.

8. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Shovel? Where is the rope or the cord?

I agree that 40 #5 plants is shovel work. But if I already had a Dingo and auger I'd use it.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Compaction? I am familiar w/ glazing the hole, but not compaction.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Buy each plant for $20.00 and install for $60.00 a plant, should't even take you all day.