$$ Planting Bushes & Shrubs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jtrice11, Apr 16, 2006.

1. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I'm in a jam and need some feedback. How much would you charge, per shrub, to pull out overgrown and/or dead shrubs that are planted in rock beds (1" river rock) and then replant new ones? We need to gaurentee these shrubs for 1 year. I live in Minnesota. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

what type and size are the shrubs?

3. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

The ones were pulling are junipers and were putting in shrubs (don't know the name), but they are about 2 feet high by 1.5 foot radius.

4. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

its kind of hard to price something if we don't know what it is. also the normal method of sizing plants is either the container size or the caliper of the trunk on B&B

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

How many,what size are the ones your removing and putting in?Got Pics?Of the area and the shrubs you are to remove?You cant just yank old ones out and stick new ones right in ..you will need to bring in soil and planting mix for the new ones.The old ones will leave alot of empty soil space.

6. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

what do you charge for a 2 gallon container and a 5 gallon container?

7. rluscomb

rluscomb LawnSite Member

if you have a warranty on your plants buy them at Wal-mart they will take back anything :)

8. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

LOL, you just let MY secret outta the bag.