planting Pacasandra

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by killerwill34, May 16, 2006.

1. killerwill34

killerwill34 LawnSite Member

I received a call stating that roofers had ruined a bed of pacasandra and that he wanted to plant a lot so that it looks good again. he wanted like 200-300 pacasandra planted in the garden beds. I don't do a lot of planting, but what does everyone else get to plant them, or other things. any ideas would be great. thanks

2. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

80% of the cost of the plants and includes gaurentee. should be a real easy job. sounds like alot but isn't.

3. killerwill34

Anybody have any ideas on pricing, i have an idea of what i want the price to be for labor in my book, but i don't want to undercharge and get ripped off

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

You should have a standard labor rate per hour. just did a job like this. Flats were $9-$10 at the nursery, I charged $20 per for delivery plus my hourly rate to install. Don't forget to use some mulch.

5. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use a cordless drill with an auger bit to drill the holes. This makes the job go a lot faster.

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, some things are cheaper in Jersey. Flats of 50 will cost around $25 here. You can do around 100 an hour.

7. killerwill34

$25 for 50, im paying $15 for 100, ur getting screwed man, find a place that sells them cheaper!!!