Planting Suggestions

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by clayslandscape, Mar 25, 2013.

1. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that wants some shrubs planted around her new patio. What would be some plant type suggestions?

photo (1).JPG

image.jpeg

2. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

Tried to turn my monitor upside down twice to look at the pictures but each time something unplugged and the computer shut off. My neck wont bend upside down either so you're out of luck right now.

3. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Here you go.

photo%20(1).JPG

image.jpeg

4. walk behind

walk behind LawnSite Member

Depends on if she wants the patio hidden year round (evergreens) or low-growing bushes that flower in the spring, a hedge of some sort, does she want to include perennial / annual flowers?

5. clayslandscape

Wants evergreens low growing with a few flowering perennials mixed in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DFLS

Are there deer? Deer love arbs, hollies, cyprus. They seem to not touch Mountain Andromeda, boxwoods, rhodies. They eat ivy too.

7. clayslandscape

Deer do not come around. They have many beds full of day lillies
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DFLS

yeah don't hide the stonework plant some mountain andromeda(white flowers in spring) spaced 4 or 5 feet apart. Throw in a couple Inkberry too. Perennials inbetween, lots of choices there.

9. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Some raised beds of perennials may give a pleasant 'terraced' effect to that slope... that would be minimal effort and expense , yet still dress up that area at least the width of the house...
    Also forming lateral lines with some bushes, tall grasses interspersed with Pots and other structures... sky's the limit... :)