plantlibrary

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Danimal, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

I'm trying to find a sight with pics of all types of plants. I would like to show some of my future customers plants I use in their landscape plan. I tried a search and didnt find anything on it maybe I used the wrong words? I also tried plantopia before got on the sight and requested info on their program never got anything back from them and now when I try to access their sight it says I need a pass word. If anyone could help me out I would be very greatful thanks.

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Try Horticopia. I demoed a CD. It looked very impressive, but I have not yet purchased it.

3. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Theres no all inclusive software out there, just hasn't yet been done. However, the best out there for the time bein, would be as Lombardi said, Horticopia.

4. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

thanks alot guys.I'll try that.

5. walk behind

walk behind LawnSite Member

you can try http://www.monrovia.com they have very detailed information about their plants (flowering, attributes, landscape size, temperatures, light, etc)

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

www.hort.uconn.edu

has a plant database with pictures. helps you find what type of plant will grow best in the situation as well.

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohio State has a large collection of plant pictures too, though I can't remember what the site URL is. Do a search on "Ohio state University plant library" and see what comes up...

Dan

8. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Build your own with a dig camera and your puter....

then you have a purpose built plant library and don't need to sort through a million other plants that wont work in your zone to begin with.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

http://hcs.osu.edu/pocketgardener/