Plantscape Solutions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jun 18, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Here is a sneak peek at my rig. We have a place for everything and you can get to it quick. I rigged up the push mower so it stays put with no straps. You can get in in or out in just seconds. You can take one step inside the trailer and easily grab mix gas, blowers, or string trimmers. It does not matter if the trailer has three mowers in it you can still easily get the stuff you use at every property and get going.

I have boxes for the hedge trimmers, articulating trimmers, and the head for the articulating trimmer.

rear view.jpg

pro locker.jpg

IMG_6756.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

gas cans.jpg

IMG_6753.jpg

IMG_6755.jpg

2. PlantscapeSolutions

Here's a few pics of my midified V-Ride 36 that has 33% wider tires on it now.

Wider Tires.jpg

3. jonny01blaze

jonny01blaze LawnSite Member

Did you take the wheeland tire setup off of the larger v-ride? How does it perform now? I am looking to add one of these to my setup but keep getting mixed reviews about it.

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

5. PlantscapeSolutions

It's the factory wheels with no spacer needed. I did have to grind the heads half off the large bolt heads behind the tires. The tire contact patch is 33% larger then before and really helps with the stopping the rutting issue I had. I had info on this in the commercial mowing section.

Scag says they are going to be making the mower with the same tires in the future. I had emailed them the mods I made.

6. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

What is the caster wheel for on your back door where the folding ramp lays on? I might have missed it in other threads.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

I always get that question. I added an additional layer of plywood to all my walls and floors. The wall plywood was to give me more structural integrity for hanging items. On the floors I wanted a wear layer of plywood that could be replaced easily.

Because I added a layer to the small fold in ramp it would not fold down perfectly when the ramp was closed. The added elevation would have caused the small ramp to pinch near the piano hinge. If I had left it this way it would have put pressure on the piano hinge as my guys drove down the road and the small ramp swayed back and forth. The piano hing on these trailers is the weak point and it would be hell to replace.

I also removed all the factory mounting hardware for the small ramp and replaced it better hardware and fender washers to help increase the clamping force. I added the aluminum wear strip to the bottom of the small ramp also. I think of things that other would usually never even ponder.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We was down in your country last weekend at Salt Lick. That is one good place to eat.

9. PlantscapeSolutions

I live about ten minutes from the Salt Lick but I've only been there once in 13 years. I like the County Line much better if I'm going to spend the money.

My favorite place to eat a few times a month is La Posada near Westgate & William Canon. Muy Bueno!

10. PlantscapeSolutions

I knew I would wear out my trans from towing heavy loads eventually and it finally happened last week. While towing I noticed my exhaust brake quit working and my trans light was on. Next I noticed I had lost my 5-6 gears.

I got home OK and decided to limp out to All Star Transmission in Marble Falls and bite the bullet on some Suncoast parts. My 5-6 gears worked after my truck sat for an hour so my trip out wasn't stuck going 45 mph after all.

I'm rebuilding my trans into a Suncoast Mega Jr. trans good for 650RWHP. It's going to have the better Suncoast billet input shaft, converter, and flexplate. The tab will be about $7900.

I can't wait to get it back and be able to run my Smarty in the upper 170 HP setting. With a stock trans an extra 65 HP is as far as you should go. Now I'll be able to put down about 520-550 crank HP and about 900-1000 ft lbs. The RWHP will be around 440 at most and the TQ will be 700+.

Flexplate.jpg

converter.jpg

Trans.jpg

input shaft.jpg