1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plantscape Solutions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jun 18, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I've been doing the top dressing at about $69 per 1000 sq. ft. this year with an extra $5 per yard factored on for delivery.
  2. PlantscapeSolutions

I just wanted to make everyone aware that sprayer-outlet.com probably has the best prices on replacement parts you will find and cheap shipping. I use the one and two gallon LESCO/Gilmore Premium sprayers for multiple herbicides and some insecticides.

I usually immediately replace the metal wand with a plastic ones that do not bend and kink easily. I just purchased the part of the spray tank that allows you to pump it up. A new tank can be $35 and I'm sure most people toss them when they quit working but for $14 you can replace the pump and the tank is as good as new again.

They sell multiple brands of sprayers and other parts as well. I wish they sold the Chapin backpack sprayer because that is what we are starting to use. The Solo sprayers are crap now and the tabs on the top of the tank are weak and prone to breakage if you use the tank close to capacity.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

My daughter saw this snake under my wife's care at noon today. I didn't know what it was so I was cautious at first. First I checked for rattles and saw none. We caught a Cottonmouth last year at a property near my house and wanted to rule that out since Cottonmouths are a snake worth killing.

It turns out that this was a Whip Snake. That are not poisonous but will try to strike if cornered but not quite as aggressively as a Rat Snake. I tried to get a closer up shot but the snake bit at my camera lens and then took off. The whip snake is very quick an d most of the time it will probably get away before you can catch it.

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

You're braver than I, me and snakes don't mix. :eek:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

I guess snakes are on the move. Had a barn cat playing with a rat snake the other day, so I picked it up with some loppers and moved him into a wooded lot next door.
  6. PlantscapeSolutions

7. PlantscapeSolutions

I purchased some dry application flags. Here you can water an extra day if you had a professional do your landscape applications. It's a good way to let your customers know you were there as well.

I could only find one company that allowed you to do your flag design online which surprised me.

I don't do any spray application on lawns so I don't need any of the "stay off until dry" type flags.

8. PlantscapeSolutions

This is my latest truck mod. These are Carli Control Arms and are much stronger then the OEM units. I think one of my OEM units was damaged so it was time to upgrade. It's amazing how expensive these things are.

Control Arms.jpg
  9. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice!! You did get one of the best brands though so that's why it was a pretty penny
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one of the Chapin sprayers recently. It's almost exactly the same as the Shindaiwa sprayer but for a 3rd the cost. I haven't actually used it yet but if its as good as the Shindaiwa sprayer its a good sprayer for the cost. I robbed a wand off of the Chapin recently for my Shindawia and it fit perfect, I'd bet they are made in the same factory.
    BTW Northern Tool has good prices on them esp. if you have coupon.