Plantscape Solutions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I did a landscape job for a guy a few months back and as part of the deal he had us haul off about 3-4 yards of rock. I go to the guys house today to talk about more work he wants done and now he was a ten yard pile of rocks he has stacked up. My customer is in his mid 60's so I'm impressed he has done this much work.

At least this time I can back my 20' dump trailer right up to the pile and have my guys start chucking rocks like crazy. I estimate this to be a 25,000 pound stack of rocks.

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

3. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

That's a lot of rocks, nice free material though, hope you get an opportunity to put them to good use.

4. PlantscapeSolutions

I started to hear some sporadic low pitch kind of hollow sounding noises coming from under the hood of my 09' Ram 3500. I noticed the water pump pulley had a little more back and forth movement going on then what was normal.

I have had pumps do the classic weep hole leaks to let you know the bearing are going and I've had pumps lock up which shredded the serpentine belt.

I decided to tackle this job myself and after about two hours I had Humpty Dumpty back together again. If you buy your water pumps from Cummins instead of Dodge you will pay about 1/3rd less. The pump from Cummins was $113.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

5. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome that you got to do it on your own. Save some money.

6. PlantscapeSolutions

It would have been a warranty repair but I wasn't going to jump through a bunch of hoops and put my DPF back on just for a water pump repair.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

This trailer came with one feature that can be dangerous. Tell me what looks awry and I'll tell you what I'm upgrading that is a must for enclosed trailer guys.

IMG_0494.jpg

8. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

The vents? Need a way to get exhaust out?

9. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Ahh..didn't realize you did masonry. ...how much experience do you have? I need a reliabe sub from time to time

10. MesaVerdeLM

MesaVerdeLM LawnSite Member

The rear door assist system looks like it's ready to cave in one of your hombres cabezas