Plasma Supply?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?i' started by 1grnlwn, Oct 17, 2001.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey where do you buy your plasma? lol I bought a cutter a couple weeks ago, it's great. It will get into places my sawzall wouldn't dream of. Most of my cuts are a bit jagged, guess I had better lay off the caffene. Thinking of getting some mech gloves instead of welding gloves, this might help.

2. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear the plasma cutter's working well for you! :cool:

Remember that a lot of the torch "tricks" such as using a straightedge can be applied to a plasma cutter. And, the more you practice the better your cutting gets. :)

For cutting oddball shapes, here's a tip that DynaPlow posted in a different thread:

3. 1grnlwn

Yes I saw that cardboard idea. My CAD CAM friend said it would be cool to get an old x-y plotter. You with me? Replace the pen with the torch and draw the piece on autocad. Ok so I think 8 steps ahead of my ability. Its fun.

4. 1grnlwn

I have had my cutter for about 3-4 weeks. It is super handy, probably use it 2-3 times a week and we're still out in the field. Can't wait till winter shop season is here. cut weld paint repeat.

5. Pepper2

Pepper2 LawnSite Member