Plastic Drop in liner or Rhino Spray On?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by All_Toro_4ME, Feb 4, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I guess the topic pretty much says it all. I'm just wondering what you guys use, if anything to protect your trailers (boards) and the beds of your trucks. There is of course the plastic drop in liner and the Rhino Spray on. I know there are other spray ons but these are the two Im focusing on. I just bought a new truck and trying to decide what's the most popular effective option to go with. Thanks.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

rhino is nice, in that you stuff wont' slide around...and you truck bed wont rust. since its bonded like paint.

the bed liner is nice in that if you put debris/mulch in the back it make sit a bit easier to unload. down side it the bed liners usually trap water and will cause you bed to rust out quicker, and if remember correctly bed rust through isn't covered by most car makers warranties. plus the bed liners are pretty cheap, and you can install it yourself in a matter of a few minutes. No down time for the truck.

3. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the rhino liner. It is a much more protective product. I have had both the plastic drop in liners, and the spray in rhino liners, and I much prefer the spray in.

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

spray in without a doubt. Things don't slide around and the rust proofing is great too. I used herculiner do-it-yourself and have been very happy with it.

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll vote for spray-in liners, but I prefer Line-X over Rhino. My brother had Line-X in his F-150 and I have a professionally installed Rhino in my Dodge. The Rhino does the job, but the Line-X is a lot tougher, "heals" itself if cut our gouged, and is more textured so stuff doesn't slide around. We even had our Deere Gator bed Line-X, but we traded it for a Husqvarna HUV, which was delivered today. I'm taking the HUV to get Line-X tomorrow. Even with Line-X in the dump bed, dirt and gravel slides out pretty easily.

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta be a sprayed on bedliner.

7. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

Plastic, my professionally instaled line-x came up in some spots and dented the bed....never happened with a plastic line. Also plastic $150 Line x $800

8. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What size truck did you have line-x on? My brother's truck was $400 for a 6.5' bed, and the Gator was $200.

9. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be the first to say neither. I have a Line-X liner sprayed in my truck, but it was there when I bought it. My last truck had a rubber mat in it, and stuff stayed put better with it. It was a lot more sticky then any spray liner.

Around here the spray in liners are anywhere from $425-$500 for a pickup bed. To me, that isn't worth keeping a few dents and scratches out of a work truck bed, but that's just my opinion. Also, the rubber mat can be taken in and out real easy so you can hose out the bed if you have to.

10. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

My dad has a line X in his truck and the truck before that. He likes it alot and has never had a problem with them. I think it only cost him about $250 and I think the liners have a lifetime warranty. The only thing is they tried to put a couple of line X stickers on the truck.