1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plastic Edging?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ryan41, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

I am re doing the landscape at a nursing home and they want plastic edging installed around the beds. I need about 200ft of the black plastic edging. I am wondering where do you get the edging in bulk? Do you just get it at The Home Depot or Lowe's? I have never installed it before usually just do dirt edges, stone or brick.

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

That stuff is crap. Your nusery should carry iy .Might go by the name Black jack.
  3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, if you must use the plastic , check out Oly-Ola Edging....their stuff is good.
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

JMO....plastic edging looks crappy and does not give the look of a professional landscaper...I do natural borders or landscape blocks.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

commercial plastic edging is durable, long lasting and cheap. Its also very easy to install. You can purchase commercial plastic edging from www.amleo.com We only use plastic edging on 10% of our jobs but it is a quality product that will last for years.