Plastic housings???????

Discussion in 'The Force' started by mkwl, Mar 1, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the housing on your blowers plastic Mr. Force? If so, I'd worry about how durable your blowers really are. I'm really satisfied with my Little Wonder blower right now, but maybe I'd look into your blower down the road.

2. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly, that was one of the concerns we had about using anything but steel. That's one of the reasons it has the substantial ribbing it has. The ribs guard and reinforce the housing such that testing has so far proven it to be very durable.

The three other major things are; we are able to contour the internal workings of the housing such that we are 1) demonstratively more powerful, 2) much quieter, and 3) over 20 pounds lighter. Back-packs are using similar types of materials and technologies simply because it works. Short of the one aluminum Echo unit everyone else has gone to polymers.

There's no doubt that each product will have it's pro's and con's. We're betting that cutting edge technology that allows for durability, superior performance, lower noise, and over a 20 pounds savings is the way to go.

Is there any test you would want to see that would prove its durability?

Mr. Force

3. mkwl

Well yes there is a test I wouldn't mind seeing to prove durability. Take one of your blowers and give it to an average landscape company with laborers doing the leaf blowing. Have them use it for 2 months and see how it turns out. The Mexican guys around here beat the equipment to h#((, and I'm not sure if the blower would really make it. Just a thought.
    -Matt

4. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

We're doing some of that already but that's the idea behind giving away 10 free units. Let landscapers use them in their own conditions. If you haven't already, sign up for a FREE unit that you can evaluate yourself. We are 8 days away from our first drawing for 5 units (March 10th). The second drawing is April 15th for the last five units.

Landscapers from across North America use and transport their equipment in various ways. This is one of the challenges of creating a completely unique machine. Testing, testing, testing. If you were in my shoes what would you test for?

Mr. Force

5. mkwl

Thanks, I've already signed up for the free Force blower. If I were in your shoes, I'd test for the duradility of the blower housing in various ways (rolling around a moving trailer, use and abuse etc.) I'm not trying to offend or insult your product, I'm just curious. Also, what engines/models do you plan to make?
    Thanks,
    Matt

6. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

I hope I don't sound offended. It takes a whole lot to get me offended. We're doing those types to tests as well as MANY others. We'll be testing in a commercial freezer on Monday. I was just trying to come up with a easily shown test that showed that this unit has strength and durability.

Ideas are always welcome.

Mr. Force