Plastic Landscape Edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by pgbeek, Jun 14, 2013.

1. pgbeek

pgbeek LawnSite Member

What do you recommend?
    I have a project to do and the customer wants me to use the black landscape edging to do some large gardens. Has any one used Edge Pro?
  2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

i use black diamond or ace of diamond. Rent an edger if you dont have one. We charge $3.75 a ln ft includes materials.
  3. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

I would look into the fiberglass edging. Looks better IMO and easy to install
  4. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Royal Diamond is easy to use and looks great. Metal spikes help a ton and make install very easy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Ace of diamond or black diamond is what we use. save yourself labor, rent a brown bed trencher. We charge $4-5 per linear ft. Straight lines are staked at minimum of every 4', curves sometimes as close as 1'. Make sure the ball is about 1/2 buried under the grassline. when connecting them, cut the top off (ball) off about 3" then overlap into the new edge and stake the connecting pieces.

I'm very anal about edging, seen far to many hack jobs and edged that heave out after the first winter.