Plastic Sign For Trailer?where?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Nov 15, 2004.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys. Looking for info on the web for plastic (4'x4') so I can put it on the back of my drop gate on my trailer. I will letter it with my name and number on it. I will consider black thin steel also if anyone knows a place for steel. I am having a hard time finding anything on the web. :dizzy: Thanks and I knew some of my "LAWN GUYS" would come up with the goods. :drinkup: :drinkup:

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Give a sign company a buzz. They usually are nice enough to guide you on where you can get a sheet of metal.

I have a 4x4 chuck on plywood with sheet metal painted for my sign. Has held up for quite some time. Great advertising!

3. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

N.H.

dont you mean Magnetic Signs? here is a company that guarantees their product for 5 years....pretty cheap too.. they said that their materials are the best.

http://www.magnetic-sign.com/

i will get some signs from them next year. still have to give them my logo and get it going.

4. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You can find sheets of plastic at a shop that sells stuff for race cars. I know that the dirt cars around hear use some plastic on their cars and the local race car shop had all sorts of colors.

5. N.H.BOY

THANKS SEACOAST neighbor :blob3:

PETRENTZ.... I have a open trailer with a gate on the back.I cant use magnetic on it very good. thanks though :drinkup:

ALL FERRIS..... That is a good idea. Race track is LOUDON down the road from me. :waving:

6. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG]

My sign guy had the painted aluminum for the signs in stock. Actually he had two thicknesses and I chose the thicker one because I didn't want the signs flexing on the sides of the trailer. 2 trailer signs & 2 18"x24" magnetic signs were $166.60 plus tax.

7. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

go to a heating& air shop they have all kinds of sheet metal but use aluminum although not all shops carry aluminum you may have to try a few and they can cut it to the exact size you need and they can put a hem on the edges which makes a nice smooth edge and stiffens up the metal

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Also if you have a trailer repair shop ( tractor & trailer) they usually have pre painted panels that you can purchase

9. N.H.BOY

Thank you TURFTAMMER Ill give that a shot. :D

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't know about finding steel on the web, but I just bought a 4' x 8' sheet of 16 guage (I think) of cold rolled sheet for $98. A 4' x 4' vinyl graphic around 3 colors will probably run 'ya another $100 (that's based on a local shop here), but I think they were a little high and that's just a guess.

Does anyone know a reputable place on the web that sales custom vinyl graphics? I have my logo in high definition format I could email them.

Thanks
    Matt