Plastic Signs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by madness0827, Feb 21, 2006.

1. madness0827

madness0827 LawnSite Member

Do the plastic signs work? i plan on making 2000 flyers and i also plan on putting out 10 or 15 plastic signs around the same area. to get my name out.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I use lawn signs on some of my properties. I landed a few accounts from them. Not many maybe 3-5, but I believe you can land some accounts, and it helps with branding.

3. WH Lawn Care

WH Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I sure hope they work because I have 50 of them here to be put out in March. I checked with the county on the busiest roads in my area and I will be placing them along those areas in yards that I have already received approval for.

Being from Western Pa I had them done in black and gold since "Steeler mania" is running wild here. Anything black or gold seems to catch everyones attention in this area.

Best of luck to you.

4. UtahGrassBust

UtahGrassBust LawnSite Member

Just don't plan on getting many of them back, people think they look great on thier walls.

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^ yep they will get stolen....and depending on your city or town laws they can be confiscated and you may be charged for not adhearing to the sign ordinance..

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If you have them long enough then maybe a few people will see them. I'm sure kids would much rather smash them or do whatever to them before they would be effective. DAMN KIDS!:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We use signs for jobs we are working at. Its great in the spring when we are doing mulch jobs on 3-4 homes and people walking through see the signs on different properties in thier neighborhood. Landed me a fill-time account as well as some odds and ends jobs.

8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I just posted on this somwhere else. Here are some observations...
    1. make sure they are bright!!
    2. competitors Love them too. (your signs) or should I say hate
    3. always check your local city and even county ordenances so you don't get fined.
    4. check them after harsh weather.
    5. make sure they are in nice yards only, its your name and rep on those signs.
    they are a good idea, and a fairly cheap way to advertise. Go with it!:waving:

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We hire spies, I wouldn't want to steal anyones signs. We might get shot.