1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Plate compactor? Advice on which brand?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Jan 24, 2011.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the market for a plate compactor and have no idea on which brand I should go with. Is there any certain brand that is a little bit better than all of the others? Please let me know as any help would be much appreciated!:waving:

2. Litchfield Rental Center

Litchfield Rental Center LawnSite Member

I own a rental yard and have tried many different types and brands of plate compactors and reversibles to find the best for the price, I have had bad luck with Northern tool and the really cheap ones on ebay.
    i have had good luck with Bomag and PackerBrothers. I feel that packerbrothers is the best buy for the money because you buy direct i have liked the quality. Bomag has also been good to me but i have pretty much switch to PackerBrothers because simlar quality but prices are lower and customer service has been a good experience
    Gary

3. Rentall

Rentall LawnSite Member

I also have used Packer Brothers and liked the quality and service. :usflag:

4. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a wacker and its been nothing but reliable. I highly suggest it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dslc

dslc LawnSite Member

At my full time job. our pavement patch crew uses a wacker packer. atleast 3 hrs a day noproblem. its pretty old too n runs like a champ.

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

We use a wacker and have had good luck with it.

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Our Wacker is very reliable and is built well. It looks good too, I always have to tell people to stop staring at my Wacker.

8. MowerMan77

MowerMan77 LawnSite Member
    from CT

We have a Mikasa and have had no issues with it!

9. GrandMaster

GrandMaster LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Multiquip or wacker.