Plate compactor? Advice on which brand?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Jan 24, 2011.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the market for a plate compactor and have no idea on which brand I should go with. Is there any certain brand that is a little bit better than all of the others? Please let me know as any help would be much appreciated!:waving:

2. Litchfield Rental Center

Litchfield Rental Center LawnSite Member

I own a rental yard and have tried many different types and brands of plate compactors and reversibles to find the best for the price, I have had bad luck with Northern tool and the really cheap ones on ebay.
    i have had good luck with Bomag and PackerBrothers. I feel that packerbrothers is the best buy for the money because you buy direct i have liked the quality. Bomag has also been good to me but i have pretty much switch to PackerBrothers because simlar quality but prices are lower and customer service has been a good experience
    Gary

3. Rentall

Rentall LawnSite Member

I also have used Packer Brothers and liked the quality and service. :usflag:

4. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a wacker and its been nothing but reliable. I highly suggest it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dslc

dslc LawnSite Member

At my full time job. our pavement patch crew uses a wacker packer. atleast 3 hrs a day noproblem. its pretty old too n runs like a champ.

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

We use a wacker and have had good luck with it.

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Our Wacker is very reliable and is built well. It looks good too, I always have to tell people to stop staring at my Wacker.

8. MowerMan77

MowerMan77 LawnSite Member
    from CT

We have a Mikasa and have had no issues with it!

9. GrandMaster

GrandMaster LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Multiquip or wacker.