Playing cards with Elvis!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Jun 10, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the scariest,most butt puckering thing<br>to happen to you on the job? Whether it be<br>sliding down a steep hill or mowing Jeffrey<br>Dahmers back yard,it doesn't matter. My<br>scariest moment on the job was sliding the<br>tractor down a real steep block,with no effect from the brakes and unable to get the <br>diff lock on.Was doing about 25mph near the<br>bottom,with a house right in front of me.<br>What about you guys??<p>Karl<p>

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I dont think u finished the story Karl lol What happened? Did u hit the house?

3. southside

Nearly,The ground levelled out slightly.<br>Enough to kick in the diff lock and slow down<br>enough to use the brakes. Nearly ended up in their pool.<p>Karl<br>

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have a very steep lake lot I cut. I do it with my Kubota. That is my scariest thought that the hydro transmission will let lose for some reason and i will go carreening down that hill into the lake. by the way karl nice setup on your tractor. I need to put a cage on mine to do wooded areas and quit getting hit by briars accross my face whil bushhogging

5. southside

It's a setup thats save me from tree branches<br>a few times.If you look at mine you'll see<br>the sweeps going up are straight.DON'T do<br>that.Have them angle outwards as they reach<br>the rops frame.Mine tend to guide branches<br>straight into my face if I'm not careful.<br>Gonna fix that soon.<p>Karl<br>

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

This did not happen to me, just something for the tractor/brush hoggers to think about.<br>Guy was brush hogging. He was looking back to see how the cut looked or something. The branch of a tree knocked him off the tractor. He fell in front of mower. The guy lost half of his ass. Months or rehab before he could return to work.

7. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

I was mowing by a lake, my client had pulled some stuff out of the lake like she always does, and I usually just mulch it up. This time I had to stop and let the deck down on top of the pile. Second pile ok until I started to go forward.My tires started slipping and swimming we go.Those Kawisaki are good motors.

8. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Friend in the business had a walk-behind with no recoil starter- just a spinning cup on top of the rotating screen. Lost his balance and would up sitting down on it while it was running.<p>Wouldn't have believed it myself, but my wife is a RN at the hospital and was on duty that evening. She said the laceration was almost a perfect circle around his sphinter.<p>Talk about a pain in the ...

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

OUCH!

10. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

My guy ran out of gas on a steep hill that bottoms out into a river. He managed to control ir just in time but it could have been a bad one. He was on a dixie with a trac vac on the back.(dixies are bad on hills)