PLCAA turfgrass certification

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Island Lawn, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

After MUCH deliberation, I ordered the materails this morning!
    $310.95 (non-member, inc. shipping).
    I'm not hip w/ giving either my ss# or my cc # over the net. They wanted both! They claim it to be a "secure" transaction, but I don't believe their is such a thing with this technology.
    I called their toll free # instead. Of course, the safest route is via first class mail but I didn't want to wait any longer. UPS should bring it to my doorstep in a couple of days.
    I'm looking foward to furthering my education.
    Credit where credit is due:
    I never even heard of this before I found Lawn Site(BLS?)
    Thanks for helping me grow my business, AGAIN/STILL!
    Of course, I'll keep y'all updated!

2. Island Lawn

Today was a good day!

I got a mobile phone for the biz.

The UPS guy dropped of my PLCAA book, it seems very comprehensive w/ review questions and sample tests.

And most of all,
    our hardworking administrators got our forum up and running!!!

3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I (and some others here) are currently enrolled in the same program. I think it to be well worth the money. Some of the stuff (mowing) is kind of a no brainer after reading this site for so long. I am one chapter away from the first test and i am slugging hard on it. I got injured snowboarding last week and have not really felt too good to sit and study. (Injury was on the ol glutious Maximus)

Perhaps tomorrow or Wednesday ill get back to it. I am also fearing the chapter itself. It is on fertalization. I am NOT A GOOD CHEM GUY! Chemisty and biology were my two worst subjects in all my school years.

Let me know if there is anything i do to help you out at all Island Lawn. Not that i am a guru or anything, just will be happy to help if can help you at all.

Good luck on your course, keep me updated. They say 4 months for the first test. I am just finishing my 4th week (That includes my boo boo week) and am almost done with half of the book. I figure ill finsih it and take the test by end of march.

4. Island Lawn

Sorry to here about you're sitting issues.
    I don't get snow, so I don't know much about the boarding thing. But I like what I see on tv.
    I'm a fan since "Whistler's Gold".
    The Olympic Authority didn't end up taking it from him did they? I never heard the final word.

About the PLCAA tests, they are multiple choice/guess...
    my favorite!!

AND
    if anyone really mess it up, they can re-take each test once. No charge!

I plan on reading it through and taking the tests ASAP

[Edited by Island Lawn on 02-27-2001 at 12:33 PM]

5. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have to be a certin age to get certified!! I was looking on there web site and it did not tell me that much about age and that sort of thing. If you could help that would be great.

6. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking of taking this course next year, after I finish my Harcourt Learning Direct Professional Landscaper course. Harcourt is a decent enough course for filling in details here and there, but I'd like to expand on what I'm learning(or even double-learn to make things better committed to memory).

Keep us posted! :)

-TGC