Please Advise! ENCORE-HUSQVARNA-eXMARK-QUICK FOX36

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shortgrass01, Sep 18, 2006.

1. shortgrass01

shortgrass01 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Good Afternoon, I went shopping today, this is what I found.

Husqvarna WB 36- 2499.
    Encore WB 36 3199.
    exmark WB 36 3199.
    Quick fox WB 1999. (online better outdoor products)

It seems everyone had pro's and cons. so said the sale people. Some had easier handle grips for operation. Some looked easier to work on. One Guy with Encore said they had a 10 yd warranty on the deck. I personally like the Quick fox 36 with the step side stand on. However I don't like to buy sight unseen, ya know. 1999. seems like a good price. Husqvarna was a decent price, being so close to my working area. Please Advice me on quality and price. I have to pick one of the four.
    ~ Free yard service for the best Advice.."grins " ~

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

For the money you CANNOT BEAT a Quick 36 if you want the bigger engine get the Samurai. Better has the best customer service you will find as well .

3. shortgrass01

from SC

Thank you! I'd Love to see more opinions... the good bad and the ugly..

Shorgrass

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Is that exmark a viking or a metro? With or without the ECS controls? I'd push you towards the Viking or the Quick 36 with the big Kawi engine if you want something low priced to start out with. Go with a hydro if you can afford it and skip the belt driven WBs.

5. shortgrass01

from SC

This is a eXmark Truff Tracker... it is suppose to be the industry's ultimate???

Shortgrass

6. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

Today I picked up my Quick 36 samurai and it is a great machine. Don't worry about not seeing it first, I had the same reservations. Buy the Quick 36 and you will not be dissappointed.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have a Husqvarna 48 Belt Drive WB. At the time, I was contemplating a Quick 36. But not seeing it in person and the single hydro kind of worried me. But I wish I would have went ahead and bought the Q36. But it is like everything...you want what you don't have. Curiosity I guess. But from what I have read on this forum the Q36 is the way to go for that particular price range.

8. shortgrass01

from SC

I been working for over driving money hungry F*** Tards all my life... Now it time for me to put my turf knowledge to go use. Im going to get the Lic tomorrow. Carolina LawnCare LLC. I hope to have either the exmark turf tracker or the quick36 by weeks end. I very Lucky Me and my partner have awesome PR and Marketing Skills. But you know what? If it wasnt for you guys and this site.. I still be racking my noodle trying to make the right decision. Im one of these guys that takes me a week to buy a fishing pole..lol I have to goto hundred stores just to save a buck..lol I really thank you -all from South Carolina.

Shortgrass

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

If you can afford it, go with the Turf Tracer. Dual hydros will make it easier to handle and the ECS controls are awesome in my opinion. And the cut quality(in my limited experience) is very good, one of the best for a walk behind.

10. shortgrass01

from SC

Your right.. the new handle controls and dule hydro's i've learn'd recently today is the main thing thats differnt. I read an old post, that the quick 36 may have to use a lil' extra mussle to turn it. The old style handle bars control may be a knuckle buster vs the new turf tracker. to save 1K is hard decision for me. " flips coin " I love to use that money for a major marketing campain. Seeing is were starting in the fall. Only because i want to get the wheels rolling before spring.

Shortgrass