Please be honest

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawns by Steve, Feb 21, 2007.

1. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

thats how i started good luck

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I just took a look at your flyer. You are covering a pretty big area for just $25 a cut. You might want to reduce the territory covered or raise your prices.

3. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

yeh that leaves too much room for misleading. up that a bit. otherwise looks pretty good!

4. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i was cutting 13 lawns that are about 2,200 sqft. on average, for about 29 weeks i would say and it is still 100% fine...o yea it was a craftsman 21" push mower with a 6.5 hp motor on it

5. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

What is rotating them every other day going to accomplish? Heat is not an issue, they cool down overnight. Hours are hours, unless you are going to rotate them every few lawns to give them a chance to cool down.

6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

The mowers would last twice as many calendar days. He could just as easy run one to death then use the other. But with rotating there is always a backup mower.

7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

The good thing about buying 2 of a certain model is then you have spare parts after one dies which it will. I like to have backup everything.

8. Mega

Mega LawnSite Member

The lawn mowers will last if you don't abuse them (cut very tall grass) and change oil often. Sharpen blades once a week, minimium. Don't over heat the engine. Make sure the fins on the engine are clean. You may need to change the spark plug if they run poorly. Good luck.

9. GroundControlLawnCare

GroundControlLawnCare LawnSite Member

NOW THAT'S SOME GOOD TINKING!!!

10. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

:usflag: Thanks for all the advice everyone. Just to clear something up, I plan on rotating these mowers every other yard to keep them from getting to much wear and tear. I also plan on uprading as soon as possible.