Please Chose One Of These Three Mowers In My Poll!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Katie_A_C, Mar 22, 2007.

?

PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THESE MOWERS FOR VERY SMALL SUBDIVISION LOTS (PRICE NO OBJECT!)

1. 36" Toro TURBO FORCE "Dual" type Hydro Mower

23 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. 36" Quick36"

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. 36" Toro "Belt" type Mower

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Another Mower Not Listed!

33 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Katie_A_C

Katie_A_C LawnSite Member

Well, I am having some buyers regret about my purchase of a Toro "dual" typ walkbehind. .:cry:

There were many helpful postings in my last thread about the mower but to tell you the truth, I got confused by allot of the answers. I did learn allot though :)

Please vote in this thread to help me decide if I made the right decision or if I should return the mower. I want to be sure that I made the right decision, because after last year, I learned that having the right equipment makes a BIG difference.:walking:

Thank you for voting in my poll!!!!!

I hope I did it right :)

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

wheres the poll?

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Ya i dont see anywhere to pick?

4. Katie_A_C

Ok I fixed it.

Also, I don't need what they call a "FLOATING DECK" because all of my lawns are cut at the same height.

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

May be a stupid question but what do you mean by dual type?

6. Katie_A_C

Well, the Quick36" is called a "Single" type and the Toro is called a "Dual" type. I'm not exactly sure of the difference, except the "single" type I think is lighter and shorter and cuts better and the "dual" type mabe steers easier but is harder to maneuver in small areas.:)

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Katie, may I make a suggestion. You can find some GOOD deals on the marketplace here or ebay for a good used COMMERCIAL ztr. I have seen them go with under 500 hours for what a new wb cost and I had rather sit on my butt than stand! If you are doing residentual yards I would suggest a 48" or no bigger than a 52" deck. I started out my first 2 years trying to get by with non commercial equipment:nono: Don't do it!! Will cost you more in the long run. There is a member on here who sells good used ztr's for about 1/3 of a new one and they are in good shape. Check out zero_turn_mowers.Is this your pic on the avator? If so you are a cutie!:waving:

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

BTW, meant to add my list of mowers I like. Exmark, Toro, JD ztracs,and most others are good if you have decent dealer support.

9. Katie_A_C

No, I have to have a walkbehind because there are small gates and there are ditches in front of allot of the houses that my brother says a ZTR mower cannot cut. The grass area is also very small on these subdivision houses. I tried my lawn tractor on one that didn't have a gate last year and it was faster to cut it with my 21" mower because of all the trees and flower beds that meant allot of turning.

10. Katie_A_C

Well, my poor Toro did not do well in this Poll:cry: