please critic my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Garden Gate, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Garden Gate

Garden Gate LawnSite Member
    from houston

hallo everyone . still new to the site. i have been working on my logo and first stages of my site and would really use some crit.........i mean really say what you think guys.:hammerhead::clapping::cry:.....keep up the good knowledge everyone

www.gardengatelandscapes.net

site still under major construction so please help........:dizzy:

2. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

It's still pretty early to make any conclusions. Did you want comments on your logo or tagline? That's about all there is. You may want to work on your keywords and content because right now search engines will only read:
    {current page}, Houston, TX.

Build a little more and then we can discuss what to do next.

3. Garden Gate

from houston

hey qwerty thanks ...that was prompt..i am still new to this . am building it myself..so help me understand ...keywords , content and all that lingo.....better yet post previous links to helpful threads...........otherwise what do you think of the logo....placement and tagline.......:)

4. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

Well... there are books and books, and sites and sites about web design. You could spend your life learning and improving. The short of it is there are two parts to a website:

1. The aesthetic customer-viewed site that humans will see.
    2. The coded side that bots/search engines and computers will see.

The job of the website is to sell your services to prospects and show them the benefits they will gain. This is where "content" comes into play. Content is everything humans will see, hear, or experience on your site. It should be easy to understand, navigate, and comprehensive. Note: be sure to edit and spellcheck and edit and spellcheck.

Bots are electronic crawlers that will also scan your content in search of "keywords" to help categorize your site. This is how search engines know what your site is about, and when I search for a landscaper in Houston it will hopefully show your site.

If you use Internet Explorer, look at the top right corner of your browser and click the tab that says "page." Scroll down and click on "view source." If you use Fire Fox, then look at the top left corner and click the tab that says "view" and scroll down and click on "page source." I don't usually use Mac so I don't know the tabs for that browser. Do it now and you can see the code for lawnsite and see the difference between what people see and what computers see.

Website design is a blend of self-promotion, marketing, and scripting language/code. You are on the right track by asking for help, but I would suggest taking a look at the book store or other sites dedicated to webdesign.

5. Garden Gate

from houston

thanks again qwerty. i have been reading on prev. threads and i realize its not a charm as yahoo site builder makes it......

back to work now........:)