1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Please critique my fall clean up box for pick up

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by recycledsole, Nov 13, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

really?
    what if the pipe fills the 1.5" pocket exactly? willit cuase a problem then?
    thanks

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

When you have metal on metal, something's going to give. It might be the edge's of the stake pocket, it might be the sidewall of the bed if the post rub's there. It might rub on the truck bed. It might just be the paint. If it's a beater truck, i wouldn't worry about it, but even then, you can beat on a wooden post with a big hammer a lot easier than a metal one. Red oak for post's is my choice.

3. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Why only go 4' high on the sides?? Your limiting the amount of debris you can haul with that short of a box. I have a 8' dump insert and I used 6' high sides for my leaf box. 2x4's are on the outside. I originally started with barn doors on the back but relized very quickly that it was tough to open when the box was full and changed it to having a solid back door with the hinges on top. Door automatically opens when the bed is tilted. I used screws to hold the 2x4's in the post. The box is pretty heavy when fully assembled so I honestly wouldn't worry about it ever falling off.