1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please Critique my Flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Mar 7, 2003.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks in advance. I have been putting this letter out for a couple of years know and was wondering if you think that it is good, or what ways can i improve it. I have done the simple things like embed my name into their head and reasure my great service. Please tell me what you think. By the way these are on half sheets of paper in black ink on white paper.
    Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Who do you send these too?
  3. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

I think that it could use some tweaking, however, you have a good start. I wouldn't use the terms "I" and "me". I would use "US" and "WE". It makes you sound bigger and more professional. Just my .02, whether it is worth that or not.
  4. VnDrWLawnCare

I select certain residential areas to pass them out in. I go for areas that are close to home so i can minimize drive time.
  5. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I cut a couple deals this week with local pizza joints. You know how when you order a pizza or pick one up, the receipt is always stapled to the box. Well I figured why not have a small flyer or biz card stapled along with it. To make along story short, I currently have 3 pizza places close to me doing this. I got one today and the other two 3 days ago. Since then I have only gotten one call, but i think that is great, its only been three days!
    Have any of you guys ever done this before?
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Would you mind sharing some prices with us?

7. millerjjr

millerjjr LawnSite Member

hey precisionlawn that is a great idea. I never thought of that. Keep us updated as to the success you're having and like the previous post, what about prices?
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You might consider changing your name from XXXX Lawn Care to something like AAAA Lawn Care. This would move you from the last listing in the phone book to the front.

9. VnDrWLawnCare

Thanks for the advice Matt.
    Please let me know how that pizza thing turns out. What is the cost of something like that. Sounds like a great idea.
  10. Brentko

Brentko LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I'd suggest that it is too generic. Try to think of one (or 2) key things that really make you different from your competitors...and build your "brand" of irrigation services around that! You can still mention the other things you offer...but what sets you apart. What is going to compell someone to consider you over the next guy?