Please Critique this - Thanks in advance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by growearth, Jan 14, 2014.

1. growearth

growearth LawnSite Member

NOTE: we are going for something VERY-VERY simple - basic -

Expect a return of .005% on 10000 flyers (if that)

My personal opinion on the changes that need to be made:

1) Font needs to be changed
    2) Angies list needs to be moved to the bottom
    3) change the font color on the phone number and www.address
    4) Could use help on wording services for weekly mowing better ..any suggestions

Thank you for your help - HAPPY NEW YEAR - HAVE A GREAT SEASON

flyer.png

2. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Im personally not crazy about the photo. Is it your logo or the colors your company wears? Looks like a homeowner mowing the lawn.

-Michael

3. allaroundguys

allaroundguys LawnSite Member
    from kcmo

i agree 100%. id also tone down the yellow a tad. do you print yourself or pay for printing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The yellow is obviously to be eye catching, but it's painful to read with green lettering.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

It seems like you're setting the table for mediocre, when you shouldn't be remotely satisfied with this. I find nothing whatsoever about it that is engaging. I'd suggest hitting Google Image Search and searching "lawn care door hangers". You'll find as much inspiration as you could possibly want.

Basic grammar seems to be a serious issue for you, so I'd recommend having someone help you revise and proof before taking the next step. For example, not only is your capitalization inconsistent, but you need a bit of punctuation. The first words you're trying to communicate are both sloppy and bordering on unintelligible.

Hello There!
    We service your Neighbor Already​

6. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Take a real pic of a lawn you service.

If you say "we service your neighbors lawn" that limits who can get the hanger?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Mower dude looks like one of the guys from the emergency instructions card on an aircraft.

The whole color scheme is really dated. I'm too sick to narrow down which decade but it ain't this one

Even when I found your contact info it was hard to read

Just so we're clear, .005% of 10k is 1/2 a new client. While I admire your optimism, that alone would make me reconsider the investment

8. growearth

I am very thankful for your comment & understand what you are saying ..

To me .. All I want is listing basic services .. What every company normally offers ..
    It's like .. We are not claiming we are better than everyone .. All I am asking from the designer - give me a bright colored flyer..
    I am looking for SIMPLICITY - simple words (any changes will be welcome)
    Point we are trying to make is ...
    We are in your area and we will be more than happy to take upon a new customer ..
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. growearth

That's 1/2% return yes :) just being realistic .. That's 50 new calls - & I doubt we will close on all 50 .. But there's definitely enough return from the investment in flyers .. Thank you again .. My main goal here is a bright colored flyer..

That's what the designer pitched .. N here we are :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. growearth

No - will get it printed professionally ..

Note taken on toning down yellow ..

Please note - this is a rough draft sent to me by the designer - based on my requirements ...

1) bright background
    2) simple wording (I m definitely changing the wording).. Any suggestions welcome

Again thank you .. Sincerely
    Posted via Mobile Device