1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Please critque my postcard!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by N.H.BOY, Jan 9, 2005.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I am thinking about doing mass mailings of postcards in my area. Please give comments on this postcard sample. Thank you in advance. Oh yea my phone # will be on it, I just didn't want any of you call me when the Pats. win the super bowl. :D

Attached Files:

2. N.H.BOY

Oh yea, has anyone used 48hour print for postcard mailings where they provide the list of people in a zip code you provide? How are they? thanks

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldnt give any type of price because i did that one time and got to many problems from people telling me im giving to much over the price i averaged out and stuff.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The first thing you need to do is take one postcard and mail it out to yourself, before you even think about getting them printed.
    The post office needs enough space to postmark, and to put a bar code on the other side. If their bar code is unable to be read due to printing in that area, they will put a big white sticker over your printing, and print the barcode on the sticker.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

2 free cuts!!!
    I see it says with full season agreement but I still have trouble workin for free.
    Not being a wise guy, just giving an opinion.

6. N.H.BOY

Well I would sure up the price @ $5.00 for the ones that sign up. As long as I get my foot in the lawns.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

major tom, the postal regulations are 2" from end of piece to beggining of barcodes (plus or minus 1/16"). no solid black, or dark color combos that will interfere with thier scanners ability to read the bar code. bobby g- lawnboy, scholar, union leader, printer.

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

NH Boy, i think Mow Ed is right. 2 cuts is too much. try something like $10 off two cuts orsomething like that.

Why did you put "Home Maintenance"? otherwise it's really good.

9. grassworks

grassworks LawnSite Member

To be brutally honest I don't think you should use it for a mail out. It seems to be fine for a business card but i think it may be lacking in a couple areas. I noticed it had 3 colors and I think that you could probably go 4 for no extra $ and make a better presentation ( full color). For the cost to do a mail out , I would make sure it was a "real attention getter " and would'nt rule out paying a little . Walker-Talker recently had a poll on his flyer ( try searching "flyer" , sorry... i was unable to post the link) done at www.designoutpost.com. Full color has come down in price and your up against some stiff competition at the mailbox. Anyways ,just my 2 cents. I don't have a problem with the free 2 cuts with signed contract. You can always recover that if planned approprately. Btw... I have 3 daughters also (one due in 4 weeks)so I know you can handle the criticism. With that much estrogen flowing around the house you have to be a well grounded man just too survive. lol :waving:

10. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

NH Boy, i think Mow Ed is right. 2 cuts is too much. try something like $10 off two cuts orsomething like that.

Why did you put "Home Maintenance"? otherwise it's really good.