Please!! echo head for a redmax trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 6, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have a redmax trimmer which is really a pain because of the head on it(pt104+). It vibrates real bad and doesn't work right no matter what. Somebody on here told me about putting an echo type head on my trimmer. would that work? and would I need an adapter? Please any advice.

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I put a echo head on my redmax without any problems. All i did was buy the head at home depto and mounted it. I didnt need any adapters.

3. S man

Which one? The spool echomatic head? Was the redmax head giving you the same issues as mine?

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Echomatic spool head works in a pinch; that's what I have on my Redmax trimmer.

5. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo and I put a Husqavarna head on it. I didn't like the Echo head very much. I don't know if this will work for you but look into the Husquavarna head. I know I spelled Husquavarna wrong. The thing I like with these is I can change out the bump stop for about $5.00, instead of $12.00 for the Echo.

6. TSEDAVE

TSEDAVE LawnSite Member

I havent heard of any problems with the Redmax head vibrating just early ware from bump feeding it on concrete/rocks i am a dealer and have been really impressed with the whole Redmax line

7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Redmax bcz2600 trimmer i never had a problem with the bump head It just wore out eventually and i didnt have a redmax dealer close by. I went to home depot and got a echo bump head and it has worked fine.Im not sure what the bump head was called but its the same one that is on the echo srm-230. Im pretty sure it was the EchoMatic head.

8. S man

Yes it is the echomatic. Do I need any hardware to make the switch??
    And should I run it without the deflector?

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I put one on one of my older commercial Toro's and it works great and like it better than the original Toro head.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I run the Echo heads on all my Husky trimmers, imo its the best one out there. Actually the Echo head is made by Veri and you can get them in about every aftermarket catalog. I have found just the replacement spools for 7.00 a piece.