Please Give me your advice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Southern Landscape, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Southern Landscape

Southern Landscape LawnSite Member

I'm about to purchase my first commercial ZTR and any advice would be great.

Im currently looking at

Gravely PRO TURN 260 27HP KAW. 60"

Snapper IS200 26HP KAWASAKI 60" also found a used one - SNAPPER DEMO FULL WARRANTY 28HP BIG BLOCK 61" W/ 74 HOURS $6,800

Bad Boy Outlaw or lightning Z

Im open to any suggestions, I just got my first big commercial account and the Toro Z400 time cutter I bought last year just isnt going to "cut" it on this job....

Thanks for your help, and advice.....

2. GATOR84

GATOR84 LawnSite Member

What is the price of each new, I would consider the Gravely 160 if you are not cutting full time, like large areas. The zt 3400 have some good reviews, and you get a 26hp kawasak fx for about 1300 to 1500 less.

3. Southern Landscape

The Gravely is 6,799

Snapper - 7,299

Bad Boy - 8,500 (I have just heard a lot of mixed reviews about this machine)

i would really like to get a DSL engine, just dont think thats the best move yet.

4. GATOR84

GATOR84 LawnSite Member

6799 for a gravely 260 is a great price this is a new price right, I no of a guy around here than has a gravely 44"deck with 1500 no problem hours.

5. Southern Landscape

Yea thats new for the Gravely.... So that is a good deal.

6. Southern Landscape

Also looking at a Ferris IS500 26HP Kawi 61" - $5,699

7. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have the Ferris IS2000Z and would buy it again. Get what you want down the road now if you can make the $$'s happen.

8. Ben I

Ben I LawnSite Member

If you can pick up a new Gravely 260 for that price do it! I bought a new 260 in '09 and paid 9200?? The gravelys are priced pretty close to the scags in my area

9. Southern Landscape

Thanks, I think thats what I will do......

What do yall think of the Bad Boy brand ? - I found a new 60" cut for 4,999.00 last years model their trying to move out....

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Your going to get mixed reviews on BB. I stick with the proven brands. Which for me has been Scag since 1993.